A sweet 16 long island teen once asked me “what’s the big deal about turning 16 anyway?” A lady’s 16th birthday is special because it’s considered a milestone. It’s the age where most adults view you and your actions seriously. You’re no longer “Cute little Tina” who wears braces but Tina who is responsible, witty and funny. Most of your relatives will treat you as an adult. Your 16th birthday party is your coming- out into society. Enjoy the spotlight with a cool party!
Here Are 5 Things To Cover When Planning Your Sweet 16
- Pick a Theme: Picking a theme is necessary because it gives your whole party a direction. Are you into animals? You can go for a safari theme and dress as a hot tiger! Or how about a gypsy theme and you can dress up as Jasmin in Aladdin and the Magic Lamp? You can have fun with the concept. afterall, it IS your party. To give you something to chew on, here are fun themes you can try — circus, underwater, carnival, fairy tale, Hawaiian and a random costume party.
- It’s all about the money: Whether you’re a sweet 16 long island teen or not, knowing your budget and sticking to it is a must. Having a ball doesn’t have to cost you thousands of dollars. To help you save on cash, you can hire a party planner. They do cost extra but they have props and layouts that you can use for free. They also know people in the industry who can give you a better price on it. Just make sure you settle on the budget and the inclusions first before signing anything.
- Details..Details and more details: When I say details, this includes all the exciting stuffs! Your dress should be stunning because all eyes are going to be on you. You don’t necessarily have to stick to safe shades and cuts when it comes to your dress. Pick a cut that flatters your figure and a color that compliments your skin tone. You can try on several dresses at boutiques or rental stores.
- Music: No party is ever complete without your own DJ for the night. When hiring a DJ, try to ask him for samples or check him out while he’s at a gig. This will give you an idea of what type of music and style he’s into.
- Keep it legal: Don’t do drugs, alcohol and everything you know is prohibited. Trust me, you don’t want the cops crashing in your party.
Water undergoes purification before it is delivered from its source to your tap. Despite great measures to purify water, it is still inevitable for unwanted particles to be mixed in tap water in the process of delivery. Water mixed in with magnesium, calcium, and certain other metals is called “hard water”. Water coming out straight from the tap is typically hard water, as it is impossible to deliver water from a water source like a well or underground system without it being contaminated. This is why it is highly recommended for homeowners to have water-softening systems installed at home. Water softeners work by filtering unwanted deposits and other such particles from tap water to deliver softer water that is closest to its purest form. There are many companies specializing in water softeners and purifying systems for both residential and commercial areas, one such example is kineticotx.com.
Below are three reasons why you might want a water softener system installed at home:
1. Personal Care
Hard water, when used for bathing and other hygienic purposes, can cause dry skin and hair. You might notice that water from your shower causes your hair to become frizzy and unmanageable. This is caused by high levels of carbonate particles in tap water and can easily be solved by the softening process. While such effects on your skin and hair are manageable, they are inconvenient and softening your tap water can save you a lot of money on extra hair and skin treatments in the long run.
2. Protecting Your Home Appliance
The carbonate deposits in water can cause many inconveniences for homeowners. It is known to cause scale buildup in your home’s water piping system, which can significantly impede the smooth flow of water from the pipes to your faucet. It can also cause corrosion and give your water a strong metal odor or foul odor. Using this kind of water can also decrease the efficiency of common home appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines, which are also prone to corrosion when constantly exposed to high levels of carbonate and sulfate ions. When mixed with soap, it can cause bathtub rings and plumbing problems.
3. “Hardness Ions” Can Affect the Taste of Water
If you drink straight from the tap, then there is even more reason for you to want to install a water softening system at home if only for the sake of taste. Hard water does not cause any detrimental effects on your health but high levels of sulfate, carbon, and metal can affect the taste of water. Water softening systems can eliminate unwanted odor, metallic taste, and murky water caused by piping problems.
For more information about how water softeners can benefit you and your family and for a complete selection of available softening technology, you can visit kineticotx.com.
My dad died suddenly, and my family found themselves faced with an incredible number of decisions that needed to be made quickly. Although I had always envisioned my parents being buried in a cemetery, I was surprised to find out that he had requested cremation. The process was remarkably easy, and I will always be grateful for the many professionals who helped us through the process. After the funeral we were presented with his ashes, and then had to make yet another decision about what to do with them. My mom decided that she wanted to keep them in the house but she did not care for the container provided by the funeral home. I went online and was amazed to find the unbelievable selection of cremation urns available for purchase. Who knew?
As it turns out, the design of cremation urns has become something of an art form. There are just about as many different styles as there are personalities in the world. You can choose from urns made of a wide range of materials, everything from glass to zinc. They are available in different colors, with and without religious ornamentation, in traditional styles and contemporary as well. Urns are even available for different purposes. You can choose a container that is environmentally friendly and biodegradable in either earth or water. The great thing about this particular type of urn is that it does not break down until it is exposed to the elements, which ended up being exactly what we needed. My mom decided that she wanted to keep Dad’s ashes in this type of container until her own death. She asked that her ashes be placed in the same type of aqua container so that they can both be placed in the lake near our house. I never knew that there were so many options available.
Unsurprisingly, biotech rooms tend to be some of the cleanest places on Planet Earth. After all, when the tiniest micro-organism could produce severe inaccuracies in experimental data, it pays to keep the room spick and span. Did you ever wonder how biotech rooms are kept so clean? To ensure the lab is left spotless after each experiment, leading biotech laboratories use cleanroom swabs and contact plates when taking and analysing samples to keep their rooms free of contaminants.
Cleanroom swabs aren’t your average cotton swabs. They have to perform their task without leaving the slightest trace of adhesive or lint on lab surfaces. The entire swab is usually subjected to a process known as sonic sealing to ensure that even the most vigorous of swabbing actions does not dislodge any particles that could potentially contaminate the contact surface.In addition, the swab head has to be to be ultra-washed by the manufacturer to ensure that it is perfectly smooth. This not only reduces the likelihood of particle generation, but also eliminates any pointy edges that could potentially scratch the contact surface. Even after all these precautions, it’s still not easy to keep the swab free of contaminants. Swabs are usually vacuum sealed and kept in a sterile liquid until they are needed. They are used to take samples from an irregular surface.
Once the sample has been captured using a cleanroom swab, it is then transferred to a contact plate. Just like a cleanroom swab, contact plates have undergone a special manufacturing process to ensure that their surfaces are completely flat and smooth and are made from specially sealed material, usually glass.
Keeping a biotech laboratory absolutely clean during experiments is no mean feat. These two amazing laboratory tools, however, make the job a whole lot easier – now you know how they work!